Understanding Search Results and Basic SEO

  • January 16, 2016
  • SEO
 

Basic Guide for SEO and Understanding Search Engine Results

I am doing SEO for more than 8 years now. SEO means Search Engine Optimization, which is a powerful method for ranking a website in top page of google, bing and yahoo (Main Search Engines). I have ranked more than ten thousand keywords in google 1st page. Out of 10,000 I have ranked more than 1,400 #1 position of google. I am also one of TOP 25 seo experts in USA and #1 in Orlando and one of top 3 SEO expert in Florida State.

Search Engines Market Shares

search engine market results

  • Google owns 68%
  • Bing owns 18%
  • Yahoo owns 12%
  • Other search engines 2%

Let check the keyword Orlando SEO. This keyword search by more than 1000 searchers averagely for a month. So this is the results you see when you search for Orlando SEO

understanding search engine rankings

#1 is the amount of sites mentioning Orlando SEO in their website. It could be a link, title, paragraph or image.

#2 and #3 Is paid listing we call it PAY PER CLICK ADS sponsored by google adwords. If you click one ad in here, google will charge the person who advertise a fee of $10 – $19 depends on the positions and bids place by other advertisers. That’s why we call it Pay Per Click Ads. It is a waste of money but good for quick turn over if you have a big budget.

4# in August 6 Google change their local map display settings from 7 packs (which mean 7 sites or business display) to 3 packs which is 3 listings of the local businesses. To get to this you need to verify as a local business owner or a service provider which is pretty easy to do but need an SEO expert to rank it.

5# is the list of sites that rank for the keyword Orlando SEO. SO basically the best results or the best Search Engine Optimized sites will be displayed here.

6# is my site my name washeen.com and that’s in #1 position of google. So if you aren’t in the 1st 3 results then basically you loose 87% of the customers period.

On average, 71.33% of searches resulted in a page one Google organic click. Page two and three get only 5.59% of the clicks. On the first page alone, the first 5 results account for 67.60% of all the clicks and the results from 6 to 10 account for only 3.73%.

For Orlando SEO it gets 1000 searchers globally? This include competitors, people looking for jobs, clients, outsource companies that try to reach the company etc. If it is a local business then local search volume matters. For Orlando SEO local search volume is 170 searchers a month. So out of 170 let’s say only 20% is clients and all the other 80% are competitors, people looking for jobs, outsource companies then #1 position get 10 possible clients/buyers a month. These are minimum calculations.

So it is always best to have 10 – 20 optimized main keywords for a business.

There are 3 SEO methods.

  • White Hat (Which is 100% pure SEO)
  • Black Hat (Quick Results but Bad SEO)
  • Grey Hat (Between black and white)

Its always recommended to do only white hat but you should know what is black hat so you don’t accidentally use black hat and get a penalty for your clients website.

White hat divides into 2 parts:On Page and Off Page

  • On page is basically is optimization you site for proper css,html and js code.
  • Adding META tags.
  • Researching Keywords and Picking the right keywords list.

 

 

References

http://marketingland.com/new-click-rate-study-google-organic-results-102149

 

 

 

 

 

 

Washeen Alagiyawadu is a Web Developer, Designer and one of the Top 25 SEO Experts in USA.

    Scan this using your phone QR scanner to send me a message

    message me qr scan
    Fields marked with an * are required

    Knowing the budget range, gives us the opportunity to create a customized package for your needs.